Dave is at home in Gainesville, resting.
His term ended at 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, 2006.
Get this blog as an XML feed

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Chicago, Aug. 22:
We made the four-hour drive up to Chicago yesterday from the wedding in central Indiana. It was a beautiful day, and we arrived by early afternoon to spend Monday night with my older brother in Evanston on Chicago's north shore.

Tuesday morning I went to my brother's Rotary Club meeting, and then we visited the Chicago Botanic Gardens with my brother and his wife. After that we hit a laundromat to ensure that we had enough clean clothes to get us through the five days of SPJ meetings and convention. By 4 p.m., we checked in to the Hyatt Regency Chicago at 151 E. Wacker Drive. They gave us the VIP treatment and set us up in a luxurious, two-room suite.

For dinner, we almost ordered room service, but in the end we hiked a couple of blocks down Wacker Drive to McCormick and Schmick's for seafood. I had fresh Arctic Char from Alaska, a first for me. If I had to describe it, I'd say it is a cross between trout and salmon. Delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home