Dave is at home in Gainesville, resting.
His term ended at 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, 2006.
Get this blog as an XML feed

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Feb. 7-10: Santo Domingo,
Dominican Republic

Here I am, back in the D.R. so quickly. This time, it is at the behest of the U.S. Department of State, which has asked me to speak on the first anniversary of the passage of the D.R.'s first freedom of information law. I'm also lecturing at two universities in Santo Domingo (Google map).

I met with Rafael Molina, incoming president of the Inter American Press Association, and we agreed to cooperate on creating an inter American FOI conference in Miami. We also discussed the ethical practice of journalism, and Molina said he would like SPJ to make a presentation at IAPA's annual convention in Mexico City.

I participated in a news conference on the FOI law passage and lectured at FunGlode and Universidad Catolica.

Dan and Lisa Kubiske were again kind enough to put me up in their home in Santo Domingo.

Friday, I flew back to Tampa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home