Dave is at home in Gainesville, resting.
His term ended at 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, 2006.
Get this blog as an XML feed

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Chicago, Aug. 26:
Tonight, it will be over. It seems hard to believe that my term as SPJ president is coming to an end so soon. Short: That's how it seems today, but there were plenty of days in the past 11 months when I thought it was a long, long term, indeed.

Being SPJ president is a wonderful and fulfilling experience. But it is a really hard job, at least it is for me. SPJ has quite a few more than 9,000 members, and quite a few of them would be happy to question an incontovertible fact as basic as what day it is. It is not an easy group to please, nor an easy group to bring to consensus.

I learned tremendously. I made a lot of mistakes. I had a few triumphs. I only hope I am leaving this 97-year-old institution at least a little bit better than I found it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home