Dave is at home in Gainesville, resting.
His term ended at 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, 2006.
Get this blog as an XML feed

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

March 15: On national radio, 10-11 p.m.

As I write this, I am "appearing" on the radio, the Jim Bohannon Show, a nationally syndicated talk show on Westwood One Radio. We're discussing FOI day, which Bohannon is credited with having suggested in 1979 during the national SPJ convention in New York City. FOI day is March 16, James Madison's birthday.

Jim told me his impetus for making the suggestion was that shortly before the 1979 convention he had received a thick, slick public relations packet on Natonal Pickle Week. "I figured that if there was a week for the pickle," he said, "there could at least be a day for Freedom of Information."

I concur, Jim. Thanks for suggesting it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home