Dave is at home in Gainesville, resting.
His term ended at 10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, 2006.
Get this blog as an XML feed

Thursday, April 20, 2006

April 20: Bowling Green, Ky
It seems that my luck has run out with the airlines.

Today, I was supposed to have a 7 p.m. flight to Atlanta and then on to Nashville by 10 p.m. Central time. No such luck.

Atlanta's Heartsfield International had a "security breach" on Wednesday afternoon that shut the airport down for 2 hours. My flight had a "maintenance issue" to boot, so I left GNV at 9:45 p.m. Then, we sat on the tarmack at ATL for a good 30 minutes waiting for a gate. When I got inside the terminal, I figured making my Nashville flight was a lost cause.

It turned out it had been delayed as much as my incoming flight. I walked on the plane as they closed the door. We got to Nashville at 11:30 p.m. CST, and amazingly, my bag made it, too. I caught a shuttle to Bowling Green. I made it to my hotel room at 1:30 a.m. (2:30 Gainesville time) and caught 5 1/2 hours of sleep before today's appearance at Western Kentucky University. The photo was shot by WKU student photographer Josh Armstrong. That's me on the right.

Let's hope the trip home goes better...

1 Comments:

Blogger Carl Corry said...

Hi Dave,

Just wanted to let you know that there are people out ther reading your blog. It's a great way to keep people informed.

Carl

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home